Children’s Dance Program
From ballet to modern, the Children’s Dance Program faculty will draw out your young dancer’s inner confidence and inspire them to develop into an authentic performer. This workshop is the perfect enhancement to your child’s school curriculum.
Led by Academy Dance Chair Ellen Rosa-Taylor, the Children’s Dance Program brings dance training to children ages 3 to12 of the Idyllwild community.
Weekly Class Schedule
|Level||Class Time (PDT)||Age Range||Tuition|
|Ballet Level 1||10-11am||7-9||$100|
|Ballet Level 2
(Full Package includes Thursday and Saturday classes, Half Package would be either Thursdays or Saturdays)
|Modern Dance||11:15am – 12:15pm||7-12||$100|
Meet Your Faculty
Ellen Rosa-Taylor is the Chair of the Dance Department at Idyllwild Arts Academy. She received her BS in Ballet from Indiana University and her MFA in Dance from Florida State University, where she received the Dean’s Teaching Fellowship as well as a University Fellowship. Rosa-Taylor is an American Ballet Theatre Affiliate Teacher and has received the distinction of ABT NTC Fellow. She has performed as a ballerina with the Los Angeles Opera, New York City Opera, San Diego Opera, City Ballet of Los Angeles, Media City Ballet, and Chattanooga Ballet. Rosa-Taylor was also featured as the Bluebird in Disney’s Snow White: An Enchanting Musical at Disneyland.
What You Will Need
- Pre-Primary & Primary girls: Pink leotard. Pink or flesh tone tights or white ankle socks. Pink or flesh tone ballet shoes. A pink skirt is optional.
- Ballet Level 1-3 girls: Black leotard. Pink or flesh tone tights. Pink or flesh tone ballet shoes. No skirts allowed at this level.
- Modern Dance girls: Black leotard, black tights, jazz pants, sweat pants or bike shorts. Black or white tee-shirts are permitted. No shoes required.
- All boys: Plain white tee-shirt. Black shorts or black tights. White socks. Black or white ballet shoes.
- Pre-Primary & Primary girls: If hair length allows, please have hair in a neat bun. If hair is short, hair should be neat and kept off face with a barrette or bobby pins.
- Ballet Level 1-3 girls: Hair should be in a neat bun. Students and parents will be shown how to do hair on the first day of classes.
- Boys: Hair should be neat and kept out of the eyes.
September 1, 2021
First Day of Classes:
September 11, 2021
Tuition: Varies by program
Lab Fee: N/A
Enrollment limited to 12 students per class.
Varies by program
Ellen Rosa-Taylor & Assistant Instructors