What is Giving Day?
Idyllwild Arts Giving Day on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 empowers Alumni, Parents, Students, Employees, and Friends to come together for a daylong giving event dedicated to supporting Idyllwild Arts. Giving Day supports scholarships and programs, and the transformative experience of an Idyllwild Arts education.
What is the Alumni Challenge?
Our annual Alumni Challenge presents a friendly competition to see which Academy alumni class will display the most support for Idyllwild Arts’ programs and scholarships. Participation is what counts the most. Foundations and other donors consider the percentage of alumni participation as an indicator of a school’s strength, and gifts of all sizes count in making a strong case to secure funding. Donate early to give your class a head start in the competition. And please encourage your fellow Idyllwild Arts Academy alumni to do the same!
How do I make a gift?
To make a gift, visit our giving page. Thank you for your support!
Where do gifts go?
Your gift will go directly to support the specific area you choose. Donations that are not designated to a specific area go toward the area of greatest need at Idyllwild Arts, supporting our day-to-day operations, including:
- Academy and Summer Program scholarships that bring together young people who desperately crave to be challenged in an environment of like-minded student artists. We provide institutional aid for 57% of Academy students and 582 Summer Program attendees. Our commitment to artistic and cultural development knows no bounds.
- Two Academy faculties – arts and academic – along with world-class guest artists to teach master classes that truly inspire and leave an impact.
- Developing cutting-edge Summer Program curriculum for 184 workshops to include courses like Avid Media Composer, DIY Ceramic 3D Printers, and more.
- Maintaining our beautiful 205-acre campus and transforming over 50 classrooms, performance spaces, dorms, and offices into a 21st century learning spaces.
- Offering free public performances on campus, as well as community outreach programs, unique learning opportunities through Arts Enterprise Laboratory, Art in Society, creative technology, and much more.
Can I send a gift by mail or phone?
Yes! Donors can send or call in a gift by mail or phone. The gift must be made either during the early-give timeframe (February 5 through February 25, 2020) or by midnight PST on Idyllwild Arts Giving Day (February 26, 2020) to count. Gifts received after this period will not be counted. To make a gift by phone, call 951-659-2171 x2330 or send your gift by mail to:
PO Box 38
Idyllwild, CA 92549
Can I give via stock in support of Idyllwild Arts Giving Day?
You can make a gift of stock to support Idyllwild Arts by calling 951-659-2171 x2335.
Will my Idyllwild Arts Giving Day contribution be tax deductible?
Yes. Your donation is entirely tax deductible, as allowed by law. Online gifts will receive an immediate email acknowledgment and gift confirmation that will serve as your receipt for tax purposes. All donations will receive a mail receipt within two weeks of receipt.
Can I create a recurring gift?
Yes, you can make a recurring monthly gift on the giving day website. Select the Give Now button and you’ll see an option to set up a monthly recurring gift. You can also set up a recurring gift by phone. Please call 951-659-2171 x2330 and a staff member can help you set this up.
Who can I contact if I still have questions?
Email the Development Office at email@example.com or call the annual giving office at 951-659-2171 x2338.
Where does the challenge money come from?
The Idyllwild Arts Board of Trustees, Foundation Council members, Academy Alumni, and other community supporters stepped forward to generously contribute the challenge match funds.
Will gifts that arrive before February 26, 2020 count toward Idyllwild Arts Giving Day?
Yes. Idyllwild Arts Giving Day includes an early-give phase, which runs from February 5th through February 25th. Gifts received through the website, phone call, in person, and direct mail that are directed toward Giving Day are included in Idyllwild Arts Giving Day totals.