Children’s Dance Program
From ballet to modern, the Children’s Dance Program faculty will draw out your young dancer’s inner confidence and inspire them to develop into an authentic performer. This workshop is the perfect enhancement to your child’s school curriculum.
Led by Academy Dance Chair Ellen Rosa-Taylor, the Children’s Dance Program brings dance training to children ages 3 to12 of the Idyllwild community.
Weekly Class Schedule
|Level||Class Time (PDT/PST)||Age Range||Tuition|
|Pre-Primary||Saturday 9:30-10 am||3-4||$72|
|Primary||Saturday 9:30-10 am||5-6||$72|
|Ballet 1||Saturday 10-11 am||7-10||$96|
|Ballet 2/3||Saturday 10-11 am||9-12||$112|
|Modern Dance||Saturday 11:00 am – 12:00 pm||7-12||$96|
|Hip Hop||Saturday 12:00 – 1:00 pm||7-12||$96|
Meet Your Faculty
Ellen Rosa-Taylor is the Chair of the Dance Department at Idyllwild Arts Academy. She received her BS in Ballet from Indiana University and her MFA in Dance from Florida State University, where she received the Dean’s Teaching Fellowship as well as a University Fellowship. Rosa-Taylor is an American Ballet Theatre Affiliate Teacher and has received the distinction of ABT NTC Fellow. She has performed as a ballerina with the Los Angeles Opera, New York City Opera, San Diego Opera, City Ballet of Los Angeles, Media City Ballet, and Chattanooga Ballet. Rosa-Taylor was also featured as the Bluebird in Disney’s Snow White: An Enchanting Musical at Disneyland.
What You Will Need
- Pre-Primary & Primary girls: Pink leotard. Pink or flesh tone tights or white ankle socks. Pink or flesh tone ballet shoes. A pink skirt is optional.
- Ballet Level 1-3 girls: Black leotard. Pink or flesh tone tights. Pink or flesh tone ballet shoes. No skirts allowed at this level.
- Modern Dance girls: Black leotard, black tights, jazz pants, sweat pants or bike shorts. Black or white tee-shirts are permitted. No shoes required.
- Hip Hop: Plain tee-shirt in color of choice (no graphics or writing), Sweatpants or shorts. Sneakers with a clean sole.(Please be sure to clean the bottom of the sneakers before entering the studio or designate a specific pair of sneakers for Hip Hop. This will help to protect the dance floor).
- All boys: Plain white tee-shirt. Black shorts or black tights. White socks. Black or white ballet shoes.
- Pre-Primary & Primary girls: If hair length allows, please have hair secured and off the neck in a hairstyle such as a bun. If hair is short, hair should be neat and kept off face with a barrette or bobby pins.
- Ballet Level 1-3 girls and modern If hair length allows, please have hair secured and off the neck in a hairstyle such as a bun.
- Boys: Hair should be neat and kept out of the eyes.
Registration Opens: February 15, 2023
Class Dates: Saturdays from April 8 – May 27
Tuition: Varies by Program
Scholarships available – Email email@example.com for more information
Class Dates: September 10 – October 29 (all classes are 8 weeks)
Tuition: Varies by program
Lab Fee: N/A
Enrollment limited to 12 students per class.
Skill Level: Varies by program
Instructor(s): Ellen Rosa-Taylor & Assistant Instructors