1) Complete the Admission Online Application (We accept the SAO – Standard Application Online)
a) Submit a Student Essay – “Why do you want to attend Idyllwild Arts Academy? How will you benefit from an Idyllwild Arts education?” (250 words minimum) – Mandatory for Creative Writing, Dance, Music and Theatre Applicants. Not Mandatory for InterArts/Fashion Design, Film & Digital Media or Visual Arts.
b) Confidential Parent Questionnaire: This questionnaire must be completed by a parent or guardian.
c) Application Fee: A $60.00 non-refundable application fee is required of all U.S. applicants; a $100.00 non-refundable application fee is required of all International applicants. (There is an additional $50.00 charge for those who do not apply online.)
2) Artistic Reference: The Artistic Reference form should be completed by a teacher or private instructor who has recently taught the applicant in his/her chosen arts discipline. Download Arts Reference Form
3) Academic Reference: The Academic Reference form should be completed by a recent teacher of a major academic subject. Counselors and principals who have not taught the applicant are asked not to submit an academic reference but are welcome to submit additional letters of recommendation. Download Academic Reference Form
4) School Transcripts: Transcripts (record of grades) are required and should be requested directly from the student’s school(s). Unofficial copies may be submitted for initial review. Idyllwild Arts requires a minimum 3.0 GPA.
5) Audition or Portfolio Presentation: As a requirement for admission, students must audition, present a departmental essay or portfolio relevant to his/her art discipline. Please refer to the Audition and Portfolio Requirements.
6) Admission Interview: A personal interview is required of all international students. Interviews may be conducted on campus, through Skype or during an audition tour. * We accept the SSAT
Home Schooling Requirements
The Idyllwild Arts Academy recognizes a family’s right to choose home schooling as an option for their children. In order to be considered for admission to the Arts Academy, students who are home schooled must participate in a state recognized home schooling program and submit the following materials in lieu of high school transcripts as well as have a parent answer the questions below:
- Documentation of compliance with a state accredited home schooling program
- A comprehensive description of the home schooling curriculum, outlining coursework and books used
- Grades for each course taken with a description of grading standards
- SSAT testing results or those of another standardized test
Please answer the following questions: What factors played into your decision to home school your child? How do you feel your child will perform in an independent school environment both socially and academically?
One Year Seniors & Post Graduates
The following should be submitted along with your application:
- TOEFL score for international One-Year Seniors and Post-Graduates
- SAT, PSAT, or ACT score for domestic One-Year Seniors and Post-Graduates. If you are unable to submit an SAT score, please indicate your plan for taking the SAT
- Transcripts for all the years you have attended secondary school
- 3.0 GPA minimum
Idyllwild Arts Academy admits students of any sex, race, religion, color, national and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or gender identification to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or gender identification in administration of its educational policies, scholarship and financial planning, and athletic and other school-administered programs. Request More Information
Contact Admission Office
If you already have an application, please mail the completed application materials to: Admission Office Idyllwild Arts Academy 52500 Temecula Road P. O. Box 38 Idyllwild, CA 92549-0038 Direct Line: 951.468.7223 Fax: 951.659.3168 Email: email@example.com